Because of some family balancing purposes or in order to prevent some sex-related genetic diseases, some couples would like to select the sex of their unborn child. At NorthCyprus IVF Center, we can legally offer the opportunity of gender selection treatment to such couples.
Identification of the right treatment method for gender selection depends on some below mentioned factors;
1) Age of the female patient: Based on the fact that, with age the ovarian reserves tend to diminish while genetic problems become more common, the age of the female partner is very important.
2) Semen analysis results for the male patient: MicroSort is one of a number of gender selection alternatives offered at North Cyprus IVF Center. Simply put, it is a sperm sorting technology that can be used for patients whose sperm concentration is more than 70 million/ml.
3) Hormone levels for the female patient: As they reflect the level of ovarian reserves and the quality of oocytes in the reserves, this piece of information helps us to get a more effective assessment of your needs and requirements to provide best suitable method of treatment.
Based on aforementioned results, we will be able to identify the right mode of treatment that best suits you. If you need any further assistance on tests and interpretation, please visit our "Male and Female Testing" section. Similarly, you may find answers to many questions about our gender selection program in the "Frequently Asked Gender Selection Questions" section.
We offer Gender Selection in 4 alternative methods at North Cyprus IVF Center;
1) MicroSort IUI for Gender Selection
This method is mostly suitable for fertile couples in their 20s because, a well inacted ovarian reserve, as well as a satisfactory sperm count, concentration, motility and morphology is required. This method is performed very similar to regular IUI. The female patient is expected to produce multiple oocytes through a very mild stimulation medication in order to increase the chances of pregnancy at the time of insemination. Subsequently, the MicroSorted sperm is injected intra-uterine. While MicroSort for gender selection with IUI treatment has 75% accuracy for gender selection for a boy, it has a 90% accuracy for gender selection for a girl.
2) MicroSort IVF for Gender Selection
Just like regular IVF-ICSI treatment, in this method the male partner’s sperm is sorted into X and Y bearing cells. The difference is that the female partner’s eggs are taken out and the sperm is injected directly into the nucleus of the egg for fertilization in the lab environment. Even thought the accuracy rates are very similar to the previously mentioned method, pregnancy rates are higher because of the fact that IVF procedures allow for multiple eggs to be fertilized and transferred back into the uterus.
3) IVF with PGD for Gender Selection
Even though it is a bit more expensive, this method not only allows us to identify the gender with 99.9%, but also gives us the chance of screening for most common genetic disorders. It is more suitable for females within the 20-35 age group and works just like regular IVF. The difference is that, a biopsy is performed once the embryos reach the 8-cell growth stage. It allows us to test for certain genetic conditions and determine the sex. Indeed, chromosomes X, Y, 13, 18 and 21, that are considered as the causes of almost 90% of all genetic-linked abnormalities are observed through this biopsy.
4) MicroSort IVF with PGD for Gender Selection
Combination of MicroSort and PGD is the best existing gender selection method offered by our clinic, especially for patients older than 35 years of age. This method combines the advantages of MicroSort and PGD technologies. While MicroSorting makes sure that majority of the sperm is sorted into the cells, PGD provides increased accuracy for gender selection and allows us to screen embryos for majority of genetic diseases.
For any more details on MicroSort, please feel free to visit our "MicroSort Facts and Guidelines" section.
Source : http://goo.gl/yklXwA